You’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Edge Support
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the right bed for them. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Edge Support FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Edge Support