So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Back And Neck Pain
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Back And Neck Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Back And Neck Pain