You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Who Toss And Turn
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Who Toss And Turn FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Who Toss And Turn