If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Who Get Hot
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Who Get Hot FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Who Get Hot