If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers That Are Heavy
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers That Are Heavy FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers That Are Heavy