You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Soft
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Soft FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Soft