You’re looking of a mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Slumber Yard
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Slumber Yard FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Slumber Yard