So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Shoulder Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Shoulder Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Shoulder Pain