You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Sealy
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Sealy FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Sealy