You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Rooms To Go
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Rooms To Go FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Rooms To Go