You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Reddit 2021
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Reddit 2021 FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Reddit 2021