You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Purple
Keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Purple FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Purple