So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Near Me
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Near Me FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Near Me