So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Macy’s
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Macy’s FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by adding a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Macy’s