So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Ireland
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Ireland FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Ireland