You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers In Australia
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers In Australia FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers In Australia