So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Hot
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Hot FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Hot