If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Heavy
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Heavy FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Heavy