You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Good Housekeeping
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for them. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Good Housekeeping FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Good Housekeeping