So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Cnet
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Cnet FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Cnet