If you’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Cheap
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Cheap FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Cheap