If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Australia
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Australia FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Australia