You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers And Hot Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers And Hot Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers And Hot Sleepers