You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers And Couples
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers And Couples FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers And Couples