If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Affordable
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Affordable FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Affordable