You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleeper With Shoulder Pain
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleeper With Shoulder Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleeper With Shoulder Pain