You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleeper With Lower Back Pain Canada
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleeper With Lower Back Pain Canada FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleeper With Lower Back Pain Canada