So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleeper With Hip Pain
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleeper With Hip Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleeper With Hip Pain