So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleeper Obese
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleeper Obese FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress several months by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleeper Obese