You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleeper Hot
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleeper Hot FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleeper Hot