If you’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleeper Canada
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleeper Canada FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleeper Canada