So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleeper And Back Sleeper
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleeper And Back Sleeper FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleeper And Back Sleeper