You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side/Back Sleepers
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side/Back Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side/Back Sleepers