If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side And Stomach Sleepers With Back Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Side And Stomach Sleepers With Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side And Stomach Sleepers With Back Pain