You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side And Stomach Sleepers Reddit
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side And Stomach Sleepers Reddit FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for several months by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side And Stomach Sleepers Reddit