If you’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Side And Front Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side And Front Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side And Front Sleepers