So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Side And Back Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side And Back Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by using a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side And Back Sleeper