If you’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Seniors With Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Seniors With Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Seniors With Back Pain