You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Seniors With Arthritis Australia
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Seniors With Arthritis Australia FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress a few months by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Seniors With Arthritis Australia