So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Scoliosis Pain
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Scoliosis Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Scoliosis Pain