So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Rv
Keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Rv FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Rv