So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Restless Sleeper
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Restless Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Restless Sleeper