If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Restless Partner
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Restless Partner FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Restless Partner