So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Restless Leg Syndrome
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Restless Leg Syndrome FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Restless Leg Syndrome