You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Rental Property
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Rental Property FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Rental Property