You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Queen Size Bed
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Queen Size Bed FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Queen Size Bed