If you’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Queen Platform Bed
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Queen Platform Bed FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Queen Platform Bed