If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Professional Athletes
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Professional Athletes FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Professional Athletes