You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Pressure Point Relief
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Pressure Point Relief FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Pressure Point Relief