So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Plus Size Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Plus Size Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Plus Size Sleepers